About Me

My photo
HELLO, MY NAME iS BRiTNEY. i ATTEND JOHN CARROLL UNiVERSiTY.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Timeline 2

Throughout my time line I will incorporate personal experiences and time is history. This blog in particular will be revolved around one of my many personal experiences.
I haven’t always wanted to be a teacher. However, I always knew I wanted to work with kids. I often question if education is the right path for me to take. In all actuality I really don’t know if this is really want to with my life. This is my third education class. Although I’ve enjoyed them and the many assignments I’ve completed, I’m still left in doubt. This summer I was blessed with a job working with kids. It was very interesting and just mad me thing even more if I even want to work with children for the rest of my life.
This summer I worked at Hiram House Camp. I was a 24hr camp counselor. This was by far the hardest job I’ve ever been employed at. However, I left the job with memorable experiences and new ways of thinking. During my time there I was placed with a lot of different kids. Different backgrounds, races, ethnicities, etc. Some of the children mad my time at camp a complete disaster. That part really mad me question if education or working with kids was my calling. I got frustrated at times to the point where I wanted to leave with no return. But I would have to say each kid touched me in a way. I really enjoyed the connections that I made with certain children. This job really left me with a see-saw look on my life and education.

No comments:

Post a Comment